Types of ADHD
- Lack of attention to details
- Careless and messy work
- Avoidance or dislike for sustained activities
- Failure to follow through or complete tasks
- Frequent shifting from one activity to another
- Difficulty completing tasks
- Excessive activity
- Appearing “driven by a motor”
- Noisy play
- Blurting out answers
- Frequently interrupting
- Difficulty taking turns
- Doing dangerous activities
Resource List for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorders) at www.chadd.org is an excellent, all-inclusive support group with local chapters.
http://www.add-vance.org/ specializes particularly in girls and women with ADDHD. They offer a wide range of excellent books. In particular, see their books Understanding Girls with ADHD and Putting on the Brakes.
ADDitude Magazine at www.Additudemag.com is an electronic version of their excellent print magazine on ADHD
www.ConductDisorders.com is another excellent parent to parent message board.
Behavioral Treatment for ADHD: An Overview by Dr. David Rabiner at https://www.additudemag.com/author/david-rabiner-ph-d/